P.O. Box 3477
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
The Department of Waste Management is primarily responsible for the collection and disposal of solid waste, while protecting human health and the environment by minimizing adverse impacts on all residents and visitors of the Virgin Islands (British). This is done through the development and implementation of effective and efficient waste management programmes.
To provide the Virgin Islands (British) with modern, environmentally sound methods of solid waste management that reflects international standards of waste management practices.
To enhance the natural beauty of the Territory, by utilizing state of the art waste management technology to ensure timely collection, disposal and where possible recycling of waste.
- Providing professional, efficient and courteous service
- Maintaining a safe workplace for our staff
- Conforming to environmental safety guidelines and acceptable waste management practices
- Commercial establishments that generate more than two to three bags of trash are required to take their waste directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from utilizing the residential dumpsters.
- Residents are required to take their bulk waste (refrigerators, stoves, mattresses etc.) directly to the incinerator facility and are prohibited from depositing them around residential dumptsters.
- Commercial and construction waste are to be separated prior to being transported to the incinerator, particularly combustible from non-combustible waste.
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|PAHO Donates Garbage Truck To Assist With Waste Collection||
20 Jun 2018 - 1:21pm
|Transport Waste Responsibly||
7 Jun 2018 - 2:12pm
|Cease Dumping Behind Administration Complex||
30 May 2018 - 5:01pm
|Residents Urged To Dispose Bulky Waste Properly||
29 May 2018 - 4:41pm
|Community Advised Of Incinerator Operations||
28 May 2018 - 12:07pm
|Do Not Block Garbage Bins With Bulky Waste||
28 May 2018 - 11:57am
|Steady Progress Being Made To Extinguish Cox Heath Fire||
25 May 2018 - 7:05pm
|Public Advised Of Changes To Incinerator Operations||
25 May 2018 - 3:32pm
|Public Reminded Of Cox Heath Fire Helplines||
23 May 2018 - 4:43pm
|Progress Made Extinguishing Cox Heath Debris Site Fire||
23 May 2018 - 4:08pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Waste Management, see below for contact information:
Department of Waste Management
P.O. Box 3477
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Daily 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.