The Government of the Virgin Islands in collaboration with the Recovery and Development Agency (RDA) invites qualified and professional applicants to apply for the position of Administrative Assistant.
1. Answers phones promptly and use good judgment to prioritise the distribution of messages in a timely manner.
2. Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning and copying.
3. Prepare meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations; compiling presentation.
4. Records minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly.
5. Prepare and modify documents including correspondences and reports.
6. Managing and updating workload tracking documents, programme and project budgets.
7. Conduct desk-based research.
8. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
9. Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondences.
10. Assist in resolving any administrative problems.
11. Performs errands to post office and office supply store.
12. Maintain office supplies for department.
Preferred skills and competencies
Associate/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
Three (3) years of administrative support experience
Exceptional customer service skills
Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organisational skills, both analytical and problem solving
Ability to quickly/easily adjust to changing priorities/direction
Demonstrated experience using requisite software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint