Submitted by SGibbs on 29 March 2023 - 11:16am
Internal Position No.:
PSC 20 of 2023
The successful applicant will oversee the daily operations of the Unit by ensuring that administrative, dispute, inspection, employment service and work permit processing duties are met.
- Manage the daily operation of the Unit to ensure the objectives and goals are met including the supervision of staff.
- Review all work permit applications for final screenings to ensure completeness of applications and supporting documents.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with the employer and work permit applicant.
- Conduct investigations into disputes, complaints or questions filed by employees and employer and oversee the preparation of statistical reports.
- Communicate effectively with both disputing parties to avoid misunderstandings and record final outcome of each case.
- Oversee the job placement process of registered applicants and conduct pre-employment screening and interviewing prior to referrals to employers.
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees by assisting the Labour Inspector with inspections.
- Brief the Labour Commissioner and Deputy Labour Commissioner on work permit and job placement issues.
- Ensure that deposit transactions are prepared and processed accurately.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Sound interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Wednesday, 12 April 2023