Submitted by SGibbs on 20 March 2019 - 10:05am
Internal Position No.:
30 of 2019
The successful applicant will to ensure the efficient and effective administration and management of the Department. .
- Provide effective leadership of the department, through coordinating departmental activities (such as clerical, inspection, licensing, and registration).
- Attend meetings, training sessions and workshops as instructed to ensure awareness of changes to policies or procedures relevant to the role.
- Ensure continual development through formulating procedures and guidelines for the department, and for examining and licensing drivers and registering vehicles in accordance with laws, rules, and regulations;
- Research, analyse and prepare reports and provide advice on relevant areas.
- Serve as the Accounting Officer for the Department.
- Prepare and manage the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for all staff.
- Develop and implement strategic plans.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related area
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Excellent knowledge in road transportation and traffic outlay
- Excellent investigative and report writing skill
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Wednesday, 10 April 2019