The successful applicant will provide technical support for all computer equipment supplied to the department in a professional and timely manner to ensure a well functioned work environment.
1. Provide technical support for all staff computers throughout departments to ensure effective departmental management.
2. Develop and maintain the databases ensuring that they are functioning at all times.
3. Configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade all computer hardware in an efficient and effective manner.
4. Assist the networking section as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department.
5. Complete all job logs assigned by the Supervisor.
6. Assist in the evaluating of new hardware, software, upgrades and repairs to ensure the department has the most up-to-date programs.
7. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or in a related area
Two (2) years’ experience in maintenance and managing information systems or in a related area
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of computer systems and applications
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Sound interpersonal and analytical skills
Sound oral and written communication skills