Submitted by SGibbs on 4 November 2022 - 2:30pm
Internal Position No.:
108 of 2022
The successful applicant will record accurate verbatim proceedings of the Court using stenographic technology.
- Attend Court and record all relevant proceedings.
- Prepare transcripts of the day’s proceeding when necessary.
- Maintain daily log of all Court proceedings.
- Maintain backup and Note File Management System.
- Archive Steno notes.
- Assist in Billing of Transcripts.
- Assist other court reporters in printing, binding and proofreading in order to meet deadlines.
- Research citied cases as required at the Attorney General’s Chambers.
- Assist in typing of letters, sending faxes or photocopying.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Associate’s Degree in Court Reporting or Certificate in Court Reporting from NCRA Accredited School at 225
- Three (3) years’ experience as an Official or Legislative Court Reporter and experience in Court Procedures and Transcript Production
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Uphold Professional Code of conduct
- Certification and membership National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- Excellent skills in operation of the Stenograph machine and CAT Software
- Ability to make an emergency decision to effectuate the objective of the Court Reporting Unit
- Ability to use English skills in proper spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Excellent time management
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
Thursday, 1 December 2022