The successful applicant will provide secretarial and administrative support in an efficient and effective manner to ensure professional customer service is provided to the department and to the public.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
- Provide professional frontline service to clients.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Coordinate meetings and events, attend, record and report minutes as required.
- Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with research as required. 8. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Assist with managing boundary investigations including site visits, liaising with the survey department, relevant parties and prepare and maintain boundary investigation files and electronic database.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Land Registry Unit by:
- Examining in detail applications presented for registration, answer queries from customers and assist them will applications and searches.
- Registering all documents submitted for registration
- Managing boundary investigations, including: scheduling site visits, liaising with the Survey department / relevant parties and prepare and maintain boundary investigation files and electronic database
- Preparing monthly reports of transfers / transmissions
11. Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Five (5) years’ experience in a related field
- Typing speed 35-45 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure