Submitted by SGibbs on 31 March 2023 - 4:14pm
Internal Position No.:
PO 2 of 2023
The successful applicant will assist with day to day activities of the Department to ensure enforcement of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Inspect passengers entering the Territory to ensure adherence to the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Assist with the detention and repatriation of illegal entrants in order to enforce the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Assist with completing daily incoming and outgoing summaries of passengers and vessels in order to facilitate effective record management.
- Record the sales of embarkation cards, all cheques received and in the preparation of invoices for vessels in respect to overtime payments to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Assist with maintaining accurate records of all persons who are refused entry in order to monitor the impact of the Immigration and Passport Ordinance.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year working experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of applicable policies, regulations and laws
- Good knowledge of interviewing/interrogation and investigative procedures
- Skilled in smuggling theory and identifying fraudulent documents
- Basic analytical and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Friday, 14 April 2023