The successful applicant will assist with the execution of the daily operations of the Unit and ensure that work permits are processed.
- Assist with the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through the preparation of work permit applications by:
a. Assisting with review all work permit applications for final screening to ensure completion of applications and supporting documents
b. Investigating and following up information that is needed to assist in the decision-making process
c. Interacting with the Placement Officer to determine if BVIslanders are available to fill positions before processing the work permit application
d. Preparing accurate work permit work sheets for each work permit application before the application is given to the Commission to save future time and effort
e. Providing information and advice to customers concerning compliance of the Labour Code as it pertains to work permits in a professional and accurate manner
- Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring security of personnel data
- Respond to telephone inquiries in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist with the maintenance of records and keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Human Resources or related field
- One (1) to two (2) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Good interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure