The successful applicant will manage and maintain an effective and efficient maintenance and repair programme to ensure the health and safety of others.
1. Supervise the unit staff and organise work schedules to ensure tasks are completed in the required time frame and standard.
2. Maintain an inventory of supplies in order to complete requisitions of tools and equipment needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in completing maintenance and repair tasks.
3. Ensure that any electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air conditioning, painting, building and furniture repairs and maintenance works is completed in order to maintain the health and safety of others.
4. Coordinate and supervise the work of contracted labour and when necessary provide tools and equipment to ensure that tasks are completed to the required standard and within the timeframe.
5. Coordinate meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of policies and procedures.
6. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
1. Manages own resources and professional development
2. Manages time effectively
3. Develops trust and support of colleagues and stakeholders
4. Provides leadership in area of responsibility
5. Implements change
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
Normal office environment Workshop environment Outdoor environment Exposure to chemical, dust and fumes
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in maintenance work with at least two (2) years supervisory experience
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standard practices, tools, materials, equipment and methods of the trade
- Good supervisory and management skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure