Submitted by SGibbs on 20 March 2019 - 2:14pm
Internal Position No.:
MCW 16 of 2019
The successful applicant will assist with frontline and clerical duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Ministry/Department and to the public at all times.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Perform clerical and data entry functions.
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
- Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
- Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of document
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- One (1) year working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s license (if required)
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Basic knowledge of general office procedures
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
Wednesday, 3 April 2019