(INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY)
Location: Virgin Gorda
The successful applicant will assist with frontline and clerical duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Department and to the public at all times.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Perform clerical and data entry functions.
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spread sheets and in archives.
- Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
- Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
- Perform duties of Office Manager for the Virgin Gorda Branch of the Civil Registry and Passport Office.
- Accept revenue and issue official receipts to customers.
- Assist with the reconciliation of daily revenue for submission to the bank, prepare reports to the Treasury Department for verification and assist with bank deposits as required.
- Assist with issuing Emergency Travel documents as required.
- Assist with the effective management of the department by undertaking tasks such as interviewing customers, preparing affidavits, assist with the scheduling of weddings.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three(3) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s licence, if applicable
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures
- Sound time management and organizational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player