Tortola, Virgin Islands (British) VG1120
Step 1: Please review the following conditions for plants.
- Conditions for Agricultural Produce Importation
- Conditions for Cut Flowers Importation
- Conditions for Pesticide Importation
- Conditions for Plant Importation
- Conditions for Plant or Agricultural Produce Exportation
- Conditions for Sod Importation
- Conditions for Value Added Agricultural Related Imporation
Step 2: Once the importer satisfies the conditions stated, the importer should complete the Virgin Islands Plant Import Permit form and send completed form to the Department. Once approved, the permit will be sent back to the importer granting approval for the importation of the plants. The port of entry and the date of arrival will be recorded on the permit.
Step 3: On the date, a Plant Quarantine Officer or Assistant will meet the importer at the particular port of entry.
Step 4: The consignment will be inspected and the Officer or Assistant will ensure that all necessary requirements are met before approval of entry in the BVI is given.
Department Contact Information
Department of Agriculture
General Office (Paraquita Bay), Virgin Gorda and Anegada - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Abattoir - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Airport - 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
General Office (Paraquita Bay) - 1(284) 468-6123/6124
Fax: 1(284) 468-6102
Virgin Gorda Office - 1(284) 468-6506/6507
Anegada Office - 1(284) 468-4356
Airport Office - 1(284) 468-6449
Abattoir - 1(284) 468-6127