33 Admin Drive
Central Administration Complex
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
Step 1: Customer submits filled-out form with required documents and fees to the department.
Step 2: Once approved, the customer is contacted to collect the approval package which includes
forms, documents and a 3 year permit
Step 3: If application is denied, the customer is contacted to collect the documents.
(Note:) For denial applications the customer has the option to reapply with a letter or to take the matter to the Appeals Tribunal.
You will need:
- three printed copies of plans;
- drawings shall be made originally either in ink, pencil or by electronic means;
- three application forms fully completed and signed;
- application fee;
- proof of belonger status, in the form of a passport, birth-certificate or belonger card;
- in the case of a non-belonger, an up-to-date certified copy of a non-belonger land holding license;
- a certified copy of the land register;
- a notarized certificate of non-objection, if the applicant is not the registered owner of the land or shares property with another person;
- a copy of the lease agreement, if the land in under a lease agreement;
- the company register of directors, if the applicant is a company.
Turn Around Time
Department Contact Information
Town and Country Planning Department
33 Admin Drive
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cashier : 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Telephone: 1(284) 468-2158
Fax: 1(284) 468-3148