No. The department accepts applications and acts as the Secretary for the Planning Authority for physical development in the territory. The Planing Authority is governed by the Physical Planning Act of 2004. The Development Control section of the department investiagtes and processes each application, currently in accordance with the Land Development Control Guidelines of 1972. Processed applications are forwarded with with recommendations from the Town and Country Planning Department and reviewed by the Planning Authority who makes the decision to approve or disapprove an application.