- Person must have a valid ID.
- 18 yrs and over for a Driver's Learners Permit.
- 16 yrs and over for a Motorcycle Learners Permit.
Persons must be 16yrs and older and successfully pass a written exam and motorcycle road skills test.
- Operator needs a Motorcycle learner’s permit.
- If a Motorcycle operator wants to obtain a Driver’s License they will have to do the cone & road test only seeing that they already passed the written test.
No. The cone test or road test is administered on the 28th to the 5th of any given month. (Basically the last week of the month to the 5th of any given month). The cone test is administrated on the following days: Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Additional requirements for person(s) who resides in the territory with their spouse are required to bring the following documents in order to obtain a license for the BVI:
- Spouse’s passport.
- Spouse’s work permit card.
- Spouse’s employment letter for those that works for the government.
- Exemption letter with receipt.
Persons who misplaced their valid learner’s permit are required to purchase a new one and the expiration date will become effective from the date of purchase.
No. The Licensing stays with the vehicle.
Documents required are:
- A valid driver’s license from overseas.
- Passport to show that you are a tourist.
- Medical report for persons 70 years or older.
- You need to be a bona fied visitor to the territory.
Please note that only the Dept.of Motor Vehicle issues temporary driver’s license and not a Car Rental company.
The required documents to have the vehicle sold are:
- Probate – if a will was done
- Letter of administration - if the will is unavailable
The customer completes a Vehicle Transfer form and returns their previous plate(s). A fee of $25.00 is needed to purchase the new License Plates. Additionally, the insurance policy needs to be updated with the new registration number. If needed, the customer is expected to go back through inspection.