Yes! Only for schools and public facilities maintained by Government.  Private residences and businesses are required to supply their own chlorine and the Environmental Health Division will administer the treatment.

You can come into the Environmental Health Division and obtain a replacement food handler's certificate.  Please ensure that you walk with a recent passport sized photo.

Upon expiration, you are mandated to complete the required medical examination and receive additional training for re-certification.

One can report a complaint as an anonymous complainant by filling out the Complaint Registration Form and placing anonymous in the space provided for name.  No additional information such as contact numbers etc. would be necessary.  Please note however, that it is the Division's policy to never reveal any complainant's name when investigating a complaint.  Sometimes when the person causing the nusiance is approached they may accuse who they believe to be the complainant,, but the Division remains silent on the matter whether they are right or wrong.  In other instances, depending on the nature of the complaint and who is being directly affected, it would be obvious who the complainant is.

As soon as you become ill after consumption of food, visit the nearest medical facility and request that samples of stool be collected for testing.  Preserve any leftover from the suspected meal.  Contact the Enviromental Health Division within eight hours for further instructions.

The permanent food handler's certificate is valid for one year from the date of issue, while the temporary food handler's certificate is valid for three months from the date of issue.

The minimum time for the certification process (registration, presentation, post-test, and issuance of certificate) is two hours.

Each premises in the territory is visited at least twice per year by the Vector Control Unit.  Special visits are made in response to mosquito nuisance complaints and high risk areas identified.

A location must be identified and the floor plan submitted for review.  If the design meets specification, a conditional letter is issued by the Environmental Health Division stating that a trade licence can be granted.  After the proposed establishment is inspected and the inspection is passed, a food establishment licence is issued by the Environmental Health Division.

Yes!  The trade licence is a conditional licence that authorises ownership of the business but it does not set regulatory standards for operation of the food establishment.  All food businesses are regulated under the Public Health (Food Hygiene) Regulations 1972.