PO Box 174
Road Town, Tortola
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
We are the Audit Office, an independent arm of the Government with a mandate derived directly from the Constitution of the Virgin Islands. Our primary function is to provide assurance to the Government, House of Assembly and taxpayers that revenue and expenditure of the Consolidated Fund and other public funds have been properly accounted for and that the supporting statements of account present fairly the record of the government financial activities.
To assist the Government in strengthening the effectiveness and efficiency of its operations and to promote transparency in its activities.
To be a model service organization that provides professional, timely, relevant and reliable information and advice to the House of Assembly, the Government and the people of the Virgin Islands on the Government’s financial operations, activities and outcomes.
To promote accountability in the operations of the Government.
To keep the House of Assembly and the public informed on whether public sector organisations:
- are delivering what they have been asked to;
- have operated in accordance with legislation and regulations;
- have fairly reported their performance in their statements of accounts;
- and to inform them if these standards are not being met.
WHAT WE DO
We achieve our mission by performing audits that provide reliable information and objective reports. Our main activities are:
- Audit of the Treasury’s Annual Statements of accounts;
- Audits of Government departments and ministries financial activities;
- Value for money audits of government projects and programmes;
- Investigation of losses and discrepancies;
- Monitoring the administration function of the Government;
- Verification of benefit payments;
- Audit of Statutory Boards and Authorities annual financial statements;
- Providing advice to the Public Accounts Committee of the House of Assembly;
- Making recommendations for improvement in public financial activities;
- Preparing reports on the results of the audit findings.
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Obstructing Audit Functions Now A Criminal Offence||
2 Sep 2022 - 4:39pm
|Ms. Sonia M. Webster Appointed Auditor General||
22 Jan 2018 - 10:41am
|Auditor General Phil Sharman Reports For Duty||
16 Aug 2017 - 3:53pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Office of the Auditor General, see below for contact information:
Office of the Auditor General
PO Box 174
Mondays - Fridays
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.