Tortola, Virgin Islands (British) VG1120
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is a Department under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth Affairs, Fisheries and Agriculture of the Government of the Virgin Islands.
The Department of Agriculture and Fisheries is responsible for ensuring food is safe, nutritionally sound, produced and harvested in an environmentally sustainable manner that builds resilience to internal and external shocks while contributing to the economic growth, social well-being and protection of the natural environment.
To be the key agency in the Virgin Islands for sustainable food security.
To ensure sustainable production, harvest and supply of safe, high quality food by regulating the agricultural and fisheries sectors.
We share the ethical values of the Virgin Islands Public Service, and pledge to be:
- Committed - Striving to give our best to every task.
- Responsive - Responding effectively to the needs of our clients.
- Supportive - Upholding all that is valid or right, giving emotional and moral support to clients and staff.
- Respectful - Showing courtesy, consideration, and deference for our clients’ requests.
- Open - Being accessible to all clients and staff.
- Diligent - Serving our clients with professionalism in a practical, conscientious, rigorous, and timely manner.
- Honest - Behaving ethically with integrity, loyalty and candour.
List of Services
List of Forms
What's Happening Within Our Department?
|Fishermen And Farmers Meeting On Monday, January 18||
14 Jan 2021 - 4:30pm
|Abattoir Closed Friday, December 11||
9 Dec 2020 - 10:39am
|End Of Year Dog Registration Drive And Raffle||
2 Dec 2020 - 11:22am
|Marketing Authority Proposed For Agriculture And Fisheries||
6 Nov 2020 - 4:04pm
|Sea Turtle Conservation Project Launched||
4 Nov 2020 - 11:57am
|Tell Us What You Know About Sea Turtles||
22 Oct 2020 - 5:39pm
|Turtle Conservation Project Presentation||
21 Oct 2020 - 3:33pm
|Judging For Backyard Garden Competition Begins October 5||
24 Sep 2020 - 4:51pm
|Department Of Agriculture And Fisheries New Hours||
9 Sep 2020 - 11:36am
|Updated Process - Curfew Passes For Licenced Commercial Fishermen||
4 Sep 2020 - 6:46pm
Department Contact Information
To make contact with Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, see below for contact information:
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
General Office - Paraquita Bay and Virgin Gorda - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Abattoir - 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Airport - 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
General Office (Paraquita Bay) - 1(284) 468-6123/6124
Veterinary Unit - 1 (284) 468 - 6197
Virgin Gorda Office - 1(284) 468-6506/6507
Airport Office - 1(284) 468-6449