The successful applicant will perform administrative and secretarial services in a timely and professional manner.
1. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
2. Serve as personal assistant to the Executive Private Secretary.
3. Manage the records management system of the Governor’s Office.
4. Conduct research and provide administrative support to the Honours’ Committee.
5. Draft relevant correspondence and reports ensuring a quick turnaround and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
6. Maintain systems ensuring security of confidential data.
7. Manage the workflow of projects to ensure timely completion and accuracy report on progress.
8. Monitor incoming correspondence and assist with necessary follow-up action.
9. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
1. Manage your own resources and professional development
2. Manage self to model behaviour in meeting organisational standards
3. Manage your time effectively
4. Provide leadership in your area of responsibility
5. Develop the trust and support of colleagues and stakeholders
6. Identify customer requirements and plan to meet these
7. Ensure products and services meet quality requirements
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Normal office environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration or related field
- Three (3) years working experience
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure