Submitted by ACorbin on 16 June 2017 - 9:08am
Internal Position No.:
32 of 2017
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Human Resources Manager or equivalent to ensure all HR related matters are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Human Resources Unit through management of daily operations.
- Provide up-to-date advice on HR related matters, procedures and regulations, including succession planning, promotions, acting appointments etc., to internal and external clients to ensure all queries are handled in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist in the administration and completion of the appraisal process, promoting a positive attitude, from objective setting to monitoring performance of employees.
- Administer recruitment to ensure the best candidate is employed and assist with the thorough on-boarding of new employees.
- Prepare correspondence, periodic reports and various documents on human resources activities (including monthly leave reports).
- Administer and maintain systems ensuring security of confidential personnel data.
- Conduct investigations regarding issues of staff disputes, grievances and misconduct.
- Administer staff development, training, workshops, unit’s activities and events to ensure employees maintain up-to-date knowledge. Schedule, organise and prepare materials and minute departmental meetings to ensure accurate and timely preparation and documentation.
- Interpret applicable legislation regarding salaries and allowances entitlements and examine personnel files to determine employment status, ensuring accurate payments are made and administer salary administration to ensure accurate credits, deductions and payments are administered on time.
- Monitor the expiry dates for temporary appointments and ensures that recommendations are received.
- Liaise with the relevant ministries, departments and other agencies to obtain advice to resolve complex matters.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures relevant to the role.
- Serve on the Employee Recognition Committee and contribute to the advancement of the programme.
- Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration / Management or related field
- One (1) to two (2) years working experience in a related field
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound knowledge of JD Edwards Accounting Software
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 30 June 2017