Submitted by SGibbs on 17 November 2020 - 2:23pm
Internal Position No.:
MHSD 2 of 2020
The successful applicant will supervise, monitor and report on Adina Donovan Home activities in a competent and efficient manner, to ensure the well-being of the geriatric residents.
1. Produces Nurse’s notes monthly to ensure records are kept up to date.
2. Administers treatment, reviews and updates prescriptions in accordance with Home Physician to ensure correct medicinal treatment is given to patients.
3. Contacts Home Physician in medical emergencies with referral to Hospital if necessary.
4. Informs Senior Assistant Nurse on any matter requiring further action.
5. Informs Assistant Manager/Nurse of any staff misconduct or unauthorised absence.
6. Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Practical Nursing Certification or equivalent
Registration with Nursing Council
Seven (7) years related experience
Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Good knowledge of Patient Care and Health and Safety Procedures in a Clinical Environment
Ability to handle equipment such as wheelchairs, beds and other medical equipment
Good oral and written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Good knowledge of nursing procedures and practices and their application in caring for the elderly resident
Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
Tuesday, 1 December 2020