Submitted by SGibbs on 31 July 2020 - 3:06pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 21 of 2020
1. Ensure the smooth functioning of the Court.
2. Enforce court rules, prepare the court and check courtroom for security and cleanliness, administering oaths and marking exhibits in order to maintain order and the effective running of the Court.
3. Serve, endorse and distribute civil and court documents to requisite parties in order to maintain effective management of the department.
4. Seize, secure and auction items which have been recovered in order to facilitate the effective management of the Court.
5. Maintain department systems by entering all requisite information and ensuring that they are kept securely so that up to date records are available and to maintain confidentiality.
6. Ensure that instructions as ordered by the Court in relation to civil matters are carried out in a timely manner in order to maintain the effective and efficiently management of the Court.
7. Ensure that a list of cases to be served in Virgin Gorda is submitted to the Administrative Officer in order to maintain the effective and efficiently management of the Court.
8. Perform any other duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit.
Skills and Competencies
• High School Certificate or equivalent
• Valid BVI Driver’s License
• Three (3) years’ experience in a related area
• Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of relevant guidelines and procedures in serving civil documents
• Sound knowledge of the geographical area of the territory
• Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 14 August 2020