The successful applicant will review building permit applications and conduct inspections on all building construction projects in the Territory to ensure that they meet the established standards
- Assist with the inspections of all levels of complexity for compliance to the relevant legislation and any other reference code to ensure the department meets the highest standards in the industry.
- Assist with checking methods and quality of materials used in construction to ensure correct methods and materials are used in an efficient manner.
- Maintain records of construction activities and submit required reports to ensure appropriate records are maintained.
- Ensure that all safety rules and regulations are adhered to on construction sites and ensure to wear safety equipment to mitigate the chance of accidents occurring.
- Assist with supervising the daily functions and activities of the building authority section to maintain effective department management.
- Ensure plans submitted to Building Authority confirms with the relevant legislation before plans are approved.
- Train Technicians to review building permit applications and to perform inspections with reference to the relevant codes.
- Supervise assigned staff.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field
- Two (2)to Four (4) years working experience in construction or related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound ability to explain, interpret and enforce compliance with the Building Regulations
- Sound knowledge of the construction industry, materials and techniques
- Ability to read and interpret and building plans and specifications and to recognise deviations from such plans
- Excellent analysis and decision-making skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Good supervisory and managerial skills