Submitted by SGibbs on 11 January 2019 - 10:44am
Internal Position No.:
MCW 03 of 2019
The successful applicant will perform major and minor maintenance and repairs on assigned Government Buildings – Interior and Exterior.
- Repairs and installs cabinets, doors, windows, locks etc.
- Refurbishes desks, counter tops, cabinets, cupboards, etc.
- Repairs drains, spouts and gutters.
- Maintains and properly stores all carpentry tools and equipment assigned.
- Keeps carpentry workshop and surrounding area clean and neat.
- Performs some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks and preparing a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in carpentry or related duties
- Valid BVI driver’s licence
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent skills in various types of woodcutting and joinery
- Ability to operate power or manual tools associated with your job
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
Friday, 25 January 2019