Submitted by SGibbs on 19 November 2020 - 11:58am
Internal Position No.:
MTWU 4 of 2020
The successful applicant will perform laundress and cleaning duties throughout the Department to provide a clean, tidy and sanitized environment on a daily basis.
1. Provide a clean and sanitized working environment on a daily basis by:
a. Dusting & polishing all surfaces
b. Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming all floors
c. Emptying trash bags
d. Cleaning windows
2. Perform assigned cleaning duties with due regard to Health & Safety procedures and policies, and with responsibility towards staff and the general public.
3. Keeps an inventory for cleaning supplies advising when re-ordering is necessary.
4. Prepare a requisition of cleaning supplies to be ordered and report any faults or incidents to the Supervisor in a timely manner in order to maintain clean, safe and sanitized environment.
5. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
High School Certificate or equivalent
Minimum one (1) year’s work experience in cleaning/housekeeping
Good knowledge of cleaning agents and equipment
Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Basic knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Policy and Procedures
Basic oral, reading and written communication skills
Sound knowledge and ability in housekeeping, and use of cleaning materials and equipment
Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Sound interpersonal skills
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Thursday, 3 December 2020