Submitted by SGibbs on 17 November 2020 - 2:32pm
Internal Position No.:
GG 3 of 2020
The successful applicant will provide technical support for all computer equipment supplied to the department in a professional and timely manner to ensure a well functioned work environment.
1. Provide technical support for all staff computers throughout the department to ensure effective departmental management.
2. Develop and maintain the databases ensuring that they are functioning at all times.
3. Maintain the intranet and Lotus Notes ensuring training and installation where necessary.
4. Monitor links to traffic and licensing database to ensure that it is functioning at all times.
5. Assist with updating the department’s website and configuration of cameras, and assist with installation of IP phones and routing to ensure all systems and programmes are up to date and running effectively at all times.
6. Assist with creating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure appropriate use of computer systems and databases.
7. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any Senior Officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or in a related area
Two (2) years’ experience in maintenance and managing information systems or in a related area
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of computer systems and applications
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
Sound interpersonal and analytical skills
Sound oral and written communication skills
Tuesday, 1 December 2020