The successful applicant will assist with the construction, repair and maintenance of structures, equipment and plants to an acceptable standard.
1. Assist in the maintenance of tools, equipment, department compounds and installations as well as department reservoirs to ensure to ensure effective use of Department resources.
2. Assist with the construction of concrete and wooden structures, the painting of structures and the excavation and reinstatement of roads as required.
3. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Certificate or its equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in carpentry, masonry or related area
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of standard practices, tools, materials, equipment and methods of the trade
- Good knowledge in Masonry and Carpentry
- Good knowledge maintenance of roads, concrete structures and buildings
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills