Submitted by SGibbs on 10 November 2023 - 3:35pm
Internal Position No.:
MCW 9 of 2023
The successful applicant will support the efficient movement of information, resources and people between government ministries, departments, statutory agencies and vendors.
- Utilize the provided technology (e.g. smart phone or tablet) to interpret data and information from the authorized courier application to efficiently receive and deliver documents, packages and/or other resources.
- Monitor and retrieve the details of request to deliver or retrieve documents, packages and/or other resources from the courier application.
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering documents, packages and/or other resources.
- Collect and deliver documents, packages and/or other resources from the sending ministry/department and receiving ministry/department in a timely manner.
- Input updates to the courier application system to notify the sending and receiving Departments/Ministries of the completed transaction.
- Adhere to relevant safety regulations and laws governing vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow regulations.
- Perform routine maintenance on assigned vehicle by monitoring gas levels, tire pressure and other basic systems checks; ensures the exterior and interior is maintained in accordance with standards.
- Communicate with Courier and Chauffeur Supervisor using the relevant technology to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Transport public officers according to requests, appointments, or schedules.
- Assist passenger with entering and exiting the vehicle, and help them with belongings as necessary.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Diploma
- Two (2) years’ working experience
- Valid Virgin Islands Driver’s License and the ability to drive a vehicle with automatic and manual transmission
- The ability to bend, stretch, stoop and perform other physical movements
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects which may weigh up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to maintain strict levels of confidentiality and demonstrate values and principles of integrity
- Sound knowledge of Government policies and procedures
- Sound critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of location and addresses throughout the territory
- Ability to efficiently utilize appropriate technology and GPS system
Friday, 24 November 2023