The successful applicant will provide leadership in the design, development and review of curricula and essential curricula support material, which form the basis for quality primary and secondary education.
- Provide advice/information, as requested, for input into the development of policies, on curriculum-related issues.
- Supervising the Curriculum Unit, ensuring the completion of research, design, develop and review curricula and support materials for all grade levels, in the education system, as well as monitor the pilot phase of curriculum implementation in the system.
- Monitor textbook and supplementary materials selection used in schools.
- Assist with developing and executing training for teachers in the system, develop and execute training programmes to assist these teachers, in collaboration with Education Officers and other relevant officers.
- Evaluate and monitor the delivery of curricula, and develop and execute appropriate intervention strategies to enable effective delivery of subject programmes, in collaboration with Education Officers and other relevant officers.
- Represent the Ministry at curriculum-related fora, conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Collaborate with the Examinations Unit, Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) and other local, regional and international bodies in developing, vetting, marking of items for national and regional examinations.
- Prepare action plan, progress reports and budgets for the Unit.
- Work with local, regional and international agencies; government departments and non-governmental bodies on curricula-related matters.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department
- Master’s Degree in Education Leadership and Management, Curriculum Development, Instruction or Design
- Six (6) years’ experience in a senior management position
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
- Expert knowledge of education management, curriculum development and budget management
- Expert knowledge of effective structure and functioning of Education systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skills