Submitted by SGibbs on 24 May 2023 - 4:32pm
Internal Position No.:
PSC 49 of 2023
The successful applicant will assist with the overall management of the department according to defined procedures effectively and efficiently in order for the department to meet its objectives
- Lead the smooth and efficient operation of the department through the management of daily operations and assist with the development of the department’s plans, goals and objectives and systems.
- Lead staff development/training, workshops and offers coaching to staff on performance improvements to ensure all staff are given the tools required to operate effectively.
- Lead a timely and accurate completion of the appraisal process, promoting a positive attitude, from goal setting for new recruits to monitoring performance of employees, initiating disciplinary proceeding, where necessary.
- Preparation of pension calculations, annual budgets and annual accounts in accordance with defined procedures.
- Act as a Liaison officer between the treasury and other government departments in accordance with defined procedures.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
- Assist with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Deputise in the absence of the Accountant General.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Research, analyse and prepare reports and provide advice.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years managerial experience in Public Finance or related field
- Member of a professional accounting organization (CA, CIMA, CIPFA, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of accounting, banking and finance principles, standards, controls and risk
- Excellent knowledge of investment and securities instruments
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, policies and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of relevant financial software packages and computer applications including electronic spreadsheet, database and graphics
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
Wednesday, 7 June 2023