Submitted by SGibbs on 9 December 2019 - 3:46pm
Internal Position No.:
53 of 2019
The successful applicant will assist the Commissioner with the efficient and effective administration and management of the Department.
- Supervise and assist staff to ensure the activities of Department of Motor Vehicles and Virgin Gorda Office are managed effectively and efficiently and to ensure that correct policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Resolve customers’ problems and complaints relating to motor vehicles and drivers licenses in a professional and timely manner.
- Oversee the operation for driver’s testing, issuance of permits, registration plates and motor vehicle inspections in accordance with the regulations and schedule visits to Anegada and Jost Van Dyke to undertaken a similar operation.
- Approve drivers’ license updates for licensed drivers in timely manner.
- Perform the human resources functions of the Department.
- Assist in the coordination of road safety programmes and training to ensure awareness of the Department’s health and safety recommendations when using the Island’s roads.
- Assist in the preparation of policies and procedures relating to motor vehicles and drivers’ licenses.
- Deputise in the absence of the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles.
- Assist with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related area
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Sound knowledge in road transportation and traffic outlay
- Excellent investigative and report writing skill
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
Monday, 23 December 2019