The successful applicant will provide leadership and guidance in all aspects of the day to day activities of the Department. Manage the budget and expenditure. Plan, develop and implement Government projects.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the Department and supervision of assigned staff.
- Liaise with Government Ministries and ministries in international matters of significance to the BVI, provide assistance and co-ordinate where appropriate to maximise the benefits of all existing international activities and relationships.
- Provide information and strategic analysis to ensure that the Premier and other Ministers are fully aware of global economic, social and other developments that affect the long term interests of the Territory.
- Formulate policy responses to international development issues or initiatives affects the interests of the Territory from foreign countries, international institutions or organisations.
- Monitor, gather, analyse and distribute information to government offices relating to current and any future external initiatives which may impact or affect the interests of the BVI.
- Conduct periodic perception audits of BVI’s International reputation and recommendation of policies and strategies to optimise BVI’s performance in the international arena.
- Prepare correspondences and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Coordinate briefing materials and speeches for Ministers at international gatherings held in the BVI and outside the Territory.
- Coordinate the reporting on the BVI’s participation in meetings, conferences and courses and membership in international organisations held in and outside the BVI.
- Represent the BVI Government in international meetings and in visits of the BVI by the international representatives.
- Provide strategic direction to consultants of the International Affairs Secretariat.
- Deputise in the absence of the Director.
- Assist with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report staff.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Public Administration, Political Science, Economics or a related field
- Seven (7) years’ working experience in the field
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
- Sound knowledge of international affairs and global political and economic issues
- Sound analytical skills in diplomacy, protocol and negotiation
- Sound knowledge of financial systems, practices and procedures
- Sound understanding of the BVI Economy, particularly the Financial Services and Tourism industries
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory and management skills