Submitted by SGibbs on 1 February 2024 - 10:18am
Internal Position No.:
PSC 21 of 2024
The successful applicant will assist with the management of the functions of the department to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Department of Waste Management.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Assists with the administration of human resources functions.
- Assists in undertaking the functions of the Department of Waste Management in order to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
- Assists in managing and training staff assigned to the Department of Waste Management to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government and relevant legislation.
- Assists with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provides advice.
- Deputises in the absence of the Manager.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field of quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health or related field
- Five (5) years in senior management within the Public Service
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of waste management and environmental services
- Good knowledge of Government budget and accounting procedures
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound research and report-writing skills
- Sound leadership and management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure well under pressure
Thursday, 15 February 2024