The successful applicant will assist the Director in planning, organising and directing the activities of water services. Assist other ministries and Departments on relevant matters. Ensure technical outputs of the sections are executed according to established procedures and guidelines.
- Assist the Director with planning, developing and implementing Government projects in order to contribute to the effective management of the department.
- Assist with coordinating technical and feasibility studies undertaken by the Department.
- Assist with the management of the day-to-day activities of the Department to ensure that work is carried out in a timely manner, as well as monitoring the efficient use of resources.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on projects supervised by the Department to provide substantive data measuring performance on an ongoing basis.
- Represent the Director at various meetings to ensure representation of the department and its interests.
- Assist with the development of training programmes for assigned division to aid the professional development of the department’s staff.
- Draft memorandums, letters, Cabinet papers and other correspondences as required, ensuring the consistency and accuracy of external correspondence.
- Deputise in the absence of the Director.
- Assist with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Research, analyse and prepare reports and provide advice.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Assist the Director in policy development, strategic planning, technical and operational responsibilities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of work being done and makes recommendations to the Director.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Civil, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering or a related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in related area and two years managerial and administrative experience
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Sound knowledge of quality improvement processes
- Excellent knowledge of project management practices
- Excellent planning and managerial skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationship
- Good supervisory skills