The successful applicant will provide strategic and technical leadership to ensure that services are being consistently delivered to all customers in line with the vision, values, service charters and the Accountability Framework of the Public Service.
1. Develop the Customer Service Framework and programme built on the Accountability Framework for the Public Service and lead the implementation of a service-wide programme and the delivery of standardized service levels.
2. Coordinate the various customer service functions being implemented throughout the Public Service and within the Customer Service Care Centre
3. Establish a central point for monitoring customer enquiries and for addressing and resolving matters wherever possible.
4. Analyse information from customer service feedback systems and ensure all records and systems are maintained, operational and up to date.
5. Enhance/design and implement proactive and positive approach to Customer Care by ensuring that there is ongoing evaluation of customer issues and concerns, obtaining feedback and ensuring a high level of satisfaction.
6. Ensure that high levels of administration functions relative to customer services are being effectively performed within established and agreed service standards; and report on progress being made in this regard.
7. Utilize quality assurance measures and the standards set out in the Accountability Framework to ensure that the Public Service is meeting customer service targets and service standards as per agreed service standards; and provide recommendations to improve customer service.
8. Promote excellent customer relationships throughout the Public Service by ensuring that a customer focused approach is adopted at all times.
9. Support the development of Customer Service work programmes and projects to ensure the Public Service continues to meet the evolving needs of customers and the business community.
10. Collaborate with the Public Service Health and Safety Coordinator in line with the relevant section(s) of the Health and Safety Policy to ensure compliance and the safety of customers and employees.
11. Collaborate with all sectors in the BVI to ensure public service delivery standards are supportive of their objectives.
12. Design, conduct training and quality assurance programs for front facing employees.
13. Collaborate with senior management to review established procedures and provide recommendations for the development and expansion of processes, procedures, technology, equipment, and policies that may improve customer service and efficiency.
14. Establish service levels and requirements for departments that have serve a significant amount of forward facing customers.
15. Produce monthly, quarterly and annual customer service reports to inform decisions and project future needs and trends.
16. Perform any other related duties as required by Deputy Governor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Public Service.
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Seven (7) years’ working experience, with at least three (3) years’ experience in a customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject with
- 10 years’ experience in a customer service environment at the management level
- Practical experience in Business analysis, information technology or digital marketing
- Recognized Customer Service Certifications, a plus
- Expert knowledge of Government structure, policies, procedures and services
- Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality and demonstrate values and principles of integrity
- Expert managerial and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, and the ability to motivate, and influence high levels of
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment, various technologies and computer
- software and applications
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Strong analytical and change management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of business process mapping and improvement; and business analytics
- Expert customer relationship management skills and the ability to influence
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to deal with difficult customers in a calm and professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player
- Ability to assess and motivate high levels of performance
- Demonstrated ability to manage databases
- Employ prudence and tact in interacting with others and be focused on customer and staff retention