The successful applicant will provide the administrative and technical support needed to facilitate the 911Emergency Call Centre within the territory to enable the sharing of valuable lifesaving emergency response and law enforcement information that would allow all responders to quickly access information by the use of smart mobile technology and fixed communications. Oversee the daily operations of the emergency call centre, providing guidance and assistance to the Ministry and the call centre team. Serves as the lead advisor on emergency response within the territory.
1. Oversee the daily operations of the 911 Emergency Call Centre to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of emergency response services.
2. Coordinate and oversee the orientation, on-going training and certification of dispatch staff and develop programs to address changing procedures and technology.
3. Coordinate services with emergency service agencies locally and regionally to foster partnerships, share information, standardize communication equipment and procedures to improve emergency communication, and find solutions to common challenges and issues.
4. Responsible for the functioning and maintenance of communications and other equipment and ensure compliance of with local and regional standards and regulations. Manage maintenance agreements for the various communication systems and equipment of the unit.
5. Coordinate the provision of emergency communication services and response to the sister islands.
6. Meet regularly with local and regional law enforcement agencies to establish and maintain relationships and to ensure that the lines of communication remain open and effective.
7. Attend meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences and other official functions locally and overseas to represent the interest of the centre.
8. Assist with the preparation and submission of the Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
9. Prepare various reports and communication on the functioning of the Centre.
10. Perform any other duties as required by the Permanent Secretary or Deputy Secretary in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Centre and Ministry.
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Public Safety Administration or other area related to emergency services
Specialized Military training related to Systems Design Engineering and Operations or a related field; AND
Seven (7) years’ work experience in the emergency services field
Valid BVI driver’s license
Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Expert knowledge of Health Care Administration
Expert knowledge of Health Disaster Risk Management related issues
Expert knowledge of the local health care industry and the various emergency response agencies
Excellent knowledge of the geography and locales of the Virgin Islands
Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to make administrative / procedural decisions and judgments
Excellent organisational and coordination skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound leadership skills
Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities