The successful applicant will organise and supervise the assigned educational area/discipline to ensure that the development and educational needs of students are met throughout the Territory in accordance with the required policies and procedures.
- Plan and execute the Department’s work related to the assigned educational area/discipline.
- Develop, implement, monitor/review and revise the respective curriculum or programme in the assigned subject area/discipline.
- Identify, supervise, evaluate and maintain best practices in the assigned educational area/discipline and make recommendations for improvements.
- Research, analyse and prepare various reports and reports on best practices within the assigned area/discipline and provide advice to the appropriate/relevant stakeholders.
- Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Collect, analyse and collate data as required for department reports and other agencies in order for data be used to monitor and improve learning and instructional effectiveness.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
- Liaise and advise the necessary bodies, represent the department at events and meetings as necessary.
- Organise and coordinate seminars, conferences, meetings and professional development events and activities; attend and ensure that minutes are recorded and reported.
- Review the relevant curricula with teachers and supervise the teaching of subjects under the assigned area/discipline.
- Monitor/inspect the relevant educational facilities and provide advice on the effective administration of the facilities in order to maintain the required standards.
- Recommend necessary resources, procure and ensure the dissemination, as required.
- Coordinate special needs/special education services within the education system, and advocate and work to ensure that the educational needs of special needs students are met.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education Management or in a related area/discipline
- Certificate in Education
- Six (6) years’ experience working in the respective subject area/discipline and/or in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and policies
- Excellent knowledge of effective structure and functioning of Education systems
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned educational area/discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Sound supervisory experience