The successful applicant will ensure all electrical installations, repairs and maintenance services are carried out safely and accurately to maintain an effective electrical service to the Department.
- Perform the following electrical services to ensure a safe and well-functioning work environment within the Department:
- Manage the operation and maintenance of electrical installations including new electrical connections, as well as electrical repairs and maintenance on existing electrical connections
- Execute a monthly preventative maintenance service program.
- Assist in carrying our road and bridges maintenance duties assigned to the Unit.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Certificate in electrical engineering
- Five (5) years’ experience as a practicing electrician or related area
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Ability to understand electrical codes
- Sound knowledge of Electrical Distribution
- Good knowledge of AC Operation
- Good knowledge of Pump and Motor repair
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to care and maintain tools and equipment assigned
- Sound oral, reading and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills