Submitted by SGibbs on 26 May 2023 - 12:24pm
Internal Position No.:
PSC 51 of 2023
The successful applicant will advise the Minister for Financial Services, Labour and Trade on all matters pertaining to the international obligations affecting the Territory’s Financial Services regime.
- Foster increased collaboration and synergy among the Government of the Virgin Islands, regulators, and the private sector to achieve the jurisdiction's business development, strategic, and policy objectives within the Financial Services Sector.
- Advocate for clear articulation, discussion, and fulfillment of Government policies in alignment with the requirements of the international community.
- Continually scan the industry landscape to identify opportunities and threats, and propose strategic responses.
- Facilitate communication between international bodies such as the IMF, EN, OECD, and UK with the Government, ensuring that discussions of Government Policy align with the requirements of the international community.
- Lead on Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) matters, ensuring that the BVI fulfills its national obligations in these areas.
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive national policy for the Financial Services industry at the direction of the Minister.
- Implement specific actions associated with national policy as directed by the Minister and Cabinet.
- Oversee all operations of the International Business Regulations Unit, including supervision and support of assigned staff.
- Identify job-specific and environmental hazards, and develop and implement health and safety policies to mitigate workplace risks.
- Ensure the preparation and responsible management of the Unit’s annual budget.
- Execute any other related duties as needed to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance or related field
- Ten (10) years managerial experience in Public Finance or related field
- Expert knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of relevant laws, policies and regulations
- Expert knowledge of budgeting, international marketing and foreign policy
- Excellent knowledge of global financial services practices
- Excellent knowledge of policies of international standard setting bodies
- Expert knowledge of relevant financial software packages and computer applications including electronic
- spreadsheet, database and graphics
- Expert analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Friday, 9 June 2023