The successful applicant will provide assistance to the residents to ensure their wellbeing and the efficiency of daily operations within the Home.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the assigned area by ensuring the wellbeing of residents by assisting with activities of daily living.
2. Report grievances or any matters of concern to the Supervisor in a professional and timely manner to ensure the matter is dealt with efficiently.
3. Respond appropriately to residents call in a timely and professional manner.
4. Prepare residents for in-door or outdoor activities to ensure they are appropriately dressed and ready for the activities.
5. Lift and mobilize residents ensuring care is taken at all times.
6. Monitor vital signs and response to treatment to ensure their wellbeing.
7. Assist with admissions and discharges of residents in an efficient and timely manner.
8. Clean and maintain bedside units of assigned residents to ensure hygiene and cleanliness.
9. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
1. Organise and develop yourself
2. Develop and maintain effective working relationships within your team
3. Communicate information
4. Maintain the quality of your team’s work
5. Ensure the working practices of yourself and your team reduce risks to health and safety
WORKING CONDITIONS/ ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Shift work
- Domestic/clinical environment for the elderly
- Constant mobility (sit, stand, climb, bend, stoop and/or walk for prolonged periods of time)
- Lifting of patients (lift objects 50lbs frequently)
- Ability to push heavy wheelchairs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Nursing Assistant Course
- Three (3) to five (5) year related experience
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of Patient Care and Health and Safety Procedures in a Clinical Environment
- Ability to handle equipment such as wheelchairs, beds and other medical equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills