Submitted by SheHodge on 24 February 2016 - 8:47am
Internal Position No.:
17 of 2016
The successful applicant will provide GIS support to the Department in order to meet the Department’s objectives in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure accurate data is maintained through the creation and maintenance of metadata information using GPS techniques for all spatial datasets.
- Maintain and provide data to ensure queries are handled in a timely manner, through providing customized maps (and data by way of sale) and distribution of data to private and public sector and informing clients/stakeholders of new data as it becomes available.
- Assist with promoting GIS awareness to stakeholder departments.
- Create customized GIS analyses for physical planning purposes by using geo-processing models.
- Provide support to the Enterprise GIS development team in schema design, stored-procedure development, database creation and tuning.
- Assist with maintaining various software packages installed in the Departments’ computer system in conjunction with DOIT and the GIS Officer and assist the GIS Officer in performing software customizations to ArcGIS to ensure all software is up to date and working appropriately.
- Ensure high quality outputs are produced by training and assisting Department staff in the use of CAD and GIS software and providing hands on training to new recruits within the department and externally to NGIS stakeholders.
- Provide support to meetings by using GIS technology to provide location information.
- Ensure maintenance of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems through attending training sessions as applicable.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Surveying or any other related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in GIS or Cartography or in a related area
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of geospatial data collection, analysis, and conversion with ESRI products (ArcGIS, ArcView GIS, ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, ArcPAD, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of ArcGIS Server and geodatabases in a multiuser environment.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of integrated GIS/GPS principles, systems, and technologies.
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player
Tuesday, 8 March 2016