The successful applicant will be responsible for liaising with the assigned Ministry and related departments for developing Public Relations Campaigns, writing press releases, conducting radio interviews, producing TV programmes and performing other related functions
1. Ascertain and advise on the communications and social media needs of the department in order to develop and coordinate policies, programmes and public relation activities for special events that will meet the Ministry’s needs.
2. Draft, edit and proofread materials for internal and external publication and broadcast in order to effective and efficient publicise ministry and department objectives and activities.
3. Read and review of correspondences, newsletters as well as monitor the media in order to stay up to date with current events and ascertain the success of public relation activities for the department.
4. Ensure effective project management by supervising support staff, conducting research and producing and managing a working budget in a timely and professional manner.
5. Conduct, manage and produce broadcast interviews on subjects relating to the Ministry and Departments to ensure effective publicity for the Government.
6. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
One (1) to two(2) years related experience
Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
Sound knowledge of all media equipment
Sound analytical and research skills
Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
Ability to work well under pressure