Submitted by SGibbs on 18 August 2020 - 3:32pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 34 of 2020
1. Prepare, collect, analyse and record water samples in accordance with the Water Quality Monitoring Program in order to actively monitor the quality of water.
2. Clean and maintain laboratory apparatus and equipment to ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
3. Assist the Laboratory Technician on site visits.
4. Deputise in the absence of the Laboratory Technician.
5. Assist the HAZMAT team in collecting oil samples as well as the packing and shipping overseas for analysis in order to support oil spill management.
6. Support the formulation and implementation of activities for public awareness on environmental relevant events.
7. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Skills and Competencies
• Associate’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or related area
• One (1) to two (2) years working experience in a laboratory
• Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Sound knowledge of laboratory techniques
• Good knowledge of the coastal area
• Good analytical skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to swim
Tuesday, 1 September 2020