Submitted by SGibbs on 20 November 2020 - 3:28pm
Internal Position No.:
JR 56 of 2020
1. Assist with research on applications for lease, purchase or other use of Crown Land to ensure adequate information is obtained for decision-making. This includes conducting research with:
a) Development Planning
b) Town and Country Planning
2. Assist with the appraisals for land acquisition and site inspections, as well as liaise with all Agencies involved in land acquisition to ensure efficient communication and coordination of information.
3. Assist with the coordination of major developments on Crown Lands, such as subdivisions and subsequent sales of land, to ensure efficient use of resources.
4. Assist with the research and development of policies in areas, including Housing, Land/Seabed matters and Environmental matters relating to Lands Management, to ensure adequate information is obtained for decision-making, as well as prepare Cabinet Papers and implement policy directives.
5. Conduct field visits and site inspections related to duties assigned to support research and information gathering.
6. Attend meetings, workshops and training session as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
7. Record and maintain a register of rent from the collection of Crown Leases and Sale of Crown Grants, as well as maintain and update data from the collection of rents in Land Management database to ensure accurate records are available for future reference.
8. Prepare quarterly reports of revenue collected from the sale and lease of Public Lands, as well as relevant reports for the Ministry and other Agencies as required for management information purposes.
9. Assist with the preparation of five-year reviews of rental to reverse the total premium in line with fair market prices.
10. Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry.
Skills and Competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Land Management or a related area
• One (1) to two (2) years related experience
• Valid BVI Driver’s Licence
• Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
• Good knowledge of Land and Estate Management and Land Appraisal Systems
• Good knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
• Good knowledge of the geography of the BVI
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
• Good analytical and decision-making skills
• Good interpersonal and organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
Friday, 4 December 2020