Submitted by SGibbs on 16 July 2019 - 8:45am
Internal Position No.:
MHSD 15 of 2019
The successful applicant will perform laundering and cleaning duties throughout the Department to provide a clean, tidy and sanitized environment.
- Performs assigned cleaning duties with due regard to Health & Safety procedures and policies, and with responsibility towards staff and the general public.
- Keeps an inventory for cleaning supplies advising when re-ordering is necessary.
- Ensures that all laundry is collected, laundered and put away in appropriate places in an efficient and timely manner.
- Requests and collects laundry detergent/supplies from the Housekeeper to ensure that the laundry service may be completed without unnecessary delay.
- Cleans the washing machine, dryer, tidies the laundry room and reports any broken machinery to the Housekeeper to ensure that the laundry facilities are well organized and available for use on a daily basis.
- Observes safety and fire rules to ensure that correct policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Cleans bathtubs, showers and face basins daily.
- Cleans fans and washes mattresses and bed frames as necessary.
- Cleans dining room tables after each meal.
- Cleans and keeps water coolers filled daily.
- Maintains a safe environment and keeps all utensils and tools out of halls/walkways.
- Knows and observes fire safety rules.
- Reports all incidents including broken appliances/working tools to Housekeeper by end of shift.
- Performs any other related duties as required by the Guest Relations/Housekeeping Officer or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Government House.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Two (2) year’s work experience in cleaning/housekeeping
- Good knowledge of cleaning agents and equipment
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Policy and Procedures
- Sound knowledge and ability in housekeeping, and use of cleaning materials and equipment
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Basic use of standard office equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic oral, reading and written communication skills
Monday, 29 July 2019