The successful applicant will provide assistance to the Human Resources Manager by collaborating with Ministries and Departments to assess, project and address the learning and development needs required to facilitate their strategic goals.
- Consult and collaborate with Ministries and Departments on transformation objectives and change plans in order to understand the goals and objectives needed to determine the most suitable learning interventions.
- Conduct gap analysis to diagnose the origin of issues that contribute to strategic learning needs.
- Design and facilitate training to address learning needs and priorities of Ministries and Departments and assist with identifying and prioritising funding.
- Evaluate and coordinate courses and other learning opportunities to support performance enhancement and foster a learning culture.
- Assist with curating a variety of learning opportunities to suit the learning needs of public officers such as digital learning.
- Assist with coordinating and conducting the Employee On boarding Programme and the orientation of new employees.
- Foster and develop an embedded culture of learning and continuous improvement through using communication campaigns and other strategies.
- Support the learning and development of Public Officers by providing career guidance and planning sessions and providing education on career paths and the development of individual career plans.
- Support the development of the Virgin Islands Public Service Learning Institute.
- Compile and manage various learning and development data to guide and inform decision making.
- Manage and administer development and exposure programmes and opportunities such as Job Rotation Programme as well as local, regional and international job attachments.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Management or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience in a position related to adult education, training and/or career
- Affiliation with Association of Talent Development (ATD) or Chartered Institute of Learning and Development (CIPD) a plus
- Sound knowledge of theories on adult learning, group behaviour and methods of building a learning culture
- Sound knowledge of current learning trends and practices
- Sound knowledge of change management models and techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of consultancy tools and techniques
- Excellent collaboration and coaching skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning design and facilitation
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure