The successful applicant will provide secretarial and administrative support in an efficient and effective manner to ensure professional customer service is provided to the department and to the public.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support.
2. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
3. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
4. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
5. Coordinate meetings and events, attend, record and report minutes as required.
6. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
7. Assist with research as required.
8. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
9. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
10. Prepare court documents and bundles for court to enable ease of access to reference documents and information.
11. Prepare simple legal assignments as required.
12. Assist with the processing of marriage licenses ensuring accurate records are kept.
13. Attend client interviews and take notes upon the instruction of Counsel.
14. Update and maintain Court files, the Income Tax Database, and the Illegal Development (land matters) cases.
15. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Certificate in legal studies preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Typing speed 35-45 wpm
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure