Submitted by SGibbs on 20 March 2019 - 10:34am
Internal Position No.:
MCW 14 of 2019
The successful applicant will examine vehicles and applicant drivers to ensure compliance with traffic safety regulations.
- Inspect all vehicles before licensing to ensure mechanical soundness for safe operation on roads.
- Classify vehicles by weight and measurement to ensure safe usage on roads.
- Examine applicants for driving tests in order to ensure that applicants are safe to drive on the Territory’s roads.
- Ensure that vehicles in the Territory comply with the appropriate traffic safety regulations in order to maintain the health and safety of others.
- Analyse the reports of road accidents in order to determine if they resulted from human or mechanical error.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Certificate in Auto Mechanics
- Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in auto mechanics or related area
- Valid BVI Driver’s Licence
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of auto mechanics
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Wednesday, 3 April 2019