1.Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
2. Perform clerical and data entry functions.
3. Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spreadsheets and in archives.
4. Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
5. Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
6. Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
7. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
Skills and Competencies
Organises and develops self
Manages self to ensure conduct meets departmental standards
Develops and maintains effective working relationships
Organises and maintains information
Contributes to the effective use of resources